- Field Sobriety Test
- Blood Alcohol Content
- DOL Hearings
- Driver's License Revocation
- Drug DUI
- Why Hire a DUI Attorney
- Felony DUI
- DUI Accidents
- DUI with Injury
- Breath & Blood Tests
- Boating Under the Influence
- DUI Child Endangerment
- DUI Defenses
- DUI FAQ
- Multiple DUI Offenses
- Out of State DUI
- Reckless Endangerment
- Underage DUI
- DUI Resources
- Theft Crimes
- Assault and Domestic Violence
- Drug Crimes
- General Criminal Defense
Drunk Driving Defenses in Seattle
LEGAL STRATEGIES TO COMBAT YOUR DUI CHARGES
As any experienced attorney will tell you, there are a number of ways a client can be defended against DUI charges in Washington. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your case, a DUI lawyer from our firm will find the best way to effectively defend you against these serious criminal charges. A good defense strategy will be a critical part in having your DUI charges reduced or dismissed, and may be the only way to prevent you from suffering the harsh consequences of this type of crime.
FINDING LOOPHOLES IN YOUR CASE
The types of defenses that can be used in a drunk driving case include:
- Blood Alcohol Concentration: Given the many problems that occur in breath and blood testing, an examination of the tests and results may produce a DUI defense. The testing equipment, environmental conditions, medical conditions of the defendant, and the implementation of the test can all be called in to question to find a possible DUI defense. The blood or breath test also has to comply with Washington regulations in regards to calibration, maintenance, and testing procedures.
- Probable Cause: If the Seattle police officer who arrested you did not have probable cause to stop, detain, and arrest you for drunk driving, the evidence against you may be suppressed. There are certain regulations and procedures police officers must follow when making a DUI arrest and if they fail to do any part of this your charges may be dismissed.
- Implied Consent Warnings: If you were not advised by the police officer about the consequences of refusing to take a blood or breath test, or if the test was not given correctly, the test results may be deemed inadmissible.
- Miranda Rights: If you were not read your Miranda rights or if your rights were not given to you at an appropriate time, incriminating statements may be suppressed.
- Plea Bargains: If you go to trial for a DUI and win, the case will be dismissed. If you lose, however, the judge has full discretion in what penalties you will be given. Instead of taking this chance, it is sometimes wiser to negotiate a plea bargain. A plea bargain is determine between your attorney and the prosecutor, and this tool can bring about a reduced sentence, a reduced charge, or both.
CALL AN EXPERIENCED SEATTLE CRIMINAL LAWYER TODAY!
Simply knowing about these defense strategies will not help you avoid conviction. You need a talented criminal defense lawyer who can bring the right strategy to life and find the evidence needed to clear your name and your charges. You cannot afford to be stuck with a public defender or an inexperienced lawyer at this crucial time in your life, you need a legal heavyweight who you can count on.
When you contact our firm about your charges, you will immediately begin to receive answers to your questions and the comprehensive protection you need to stand up in court. If you want to learn more about DUI defenses and how a drunk driving attorney can help you, give our firm a call today! We have the experience and qualifications you are looking for and would be more than happy to assist you in any way that we can! What are you waiting for? Call now!